Bible Translations Pamphlet
Compare 20 Bible translations in a single glance. Discover what the translations have in common, how these differ, and what one is best for you. It's all found in the bestselling Bible Translations Comparison pamphlet that offers an easy-to-use format, full color design, and glossy finish. The comparison chart displays: the name of the translation, the method of translation, sponsors, textual basis, purpose, sample verses to show the difference in wording, the year published, and more. Some of the translations include: New Revised Standard, Amplified Bible, King James Version, and The Message, among others.
Scholars have been translating the Bible for 2000 years and over the centuries, three primary methods of translation have evolved. The Bible Translations Comparison chart helps pastors, teachers, and students of the Word understand the approach to 20 Bible translations by providing the following information:
- Translation method & reading level
- Year it was published
- Number of translators who worked on the project
- Sponsor of the translation version
- Textual basis
- Noteworthy facts
- Sample verses
This Bible Translations Comparison fold-out chart also provides a brief glossary of key words regarding translations, as well as a diagram that explains the three most popular Greek texts used for Bible translation.
The Bible Translations Comparison pamphlet compares the following Bible translations:
- American Standard Version(ASV)
- Amplified Bible (AMP)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- Revised Standard Version (RSV)
- New Revised Standard Version (NSRV)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- King James Version (KJV)
- New King James Version (NKJV)
- New Jerusalem Bible (NJB)
- New American Bible (NAB)
- NEW! New International Version 2011 (NIV)
- NEW! Common English Bible (CEB)
- Today's New International Version (TNIV)
- God's Word (GW)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- New Century Version (NCV)
- New Living Translation (NLT)
- New International Readers Version (NIrV)
- Good News Translation (GNT)
- Contemporary English Version (CEV)
- The Message
The pamphlet's introductory information explains why new translations continue to appear. Also provided is a brief overview of the three primary methods of translation as well as a fourth translation treatment that has evolved over the centuries. The side-by-side translations are color coded to reference the four translation treatments shown below:
- Balance—a process that mediates between word-for-word and thought-for-thought
- Paraphrase—a restatement of a translation
The Bible Translations Comparison pamphlet provides a list of 13 "Important Words to Know" such as:
- Biblia Hebraica
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Masoretic Text
And the major groups of Greek manuscripts or text types:
This pamphlet is a great reference guide to accompany a Bible. It is recommended for ages 12 and up.
This pamphlet fits inside most Bible covers, is 8.5" H × 5.5" W and unfolds to 38" L. Fits inside most Bible covers.
How Soon Will the Pamphlet Arrive?
You can expect this pamphlet to be delivered in 5 to 7 business days. If you need it sooner, select rush shipping at checkout.
You may return this pamphlet in new condition to us within 30 days for a full refund (less shipping costs).
Looking for More Pamphlets About Bible History?
Shop more Bible reference guides and pamphlets for sale.